A dental implant is a permanent replacement for all parts of the tooth. It is composed of three parts: the titanium post, the abutment, and the restoration.
The Titanium Post
- Inserted directly into the jaw bone
- Extremely strong
- Titanium is unique in that it bonds with living bone tissue
- Can be made of gold, porcelain or titanium
- Permanently attached to the post (it will not slip and slide like dentures)
The Restoration (Crown)
- Usually made of porcelain fused to a metal alloy (PFM)
- Is made to match the color of surrounding teeth
- Will look as good or better than the tooth it replaced
Dental implant surgery is not an experimental treatment. The innovative materials and techniques have been tested and refined for several decades.
Contact Winston-Salem Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):