Your Emergency Dentist in Winston-Salem
Accidents and discomfort are sudden, and sometimes unpreventable. To set your mind at ease, we offer prompt emergency dental care at Winston-Salem Dental Group.
Our emergency dentist is here to answer your questions about what you can do to regain comfort. If you have an immediate concern, we will adjust our schedules so that we can see you as soon as possible.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
Whatever the problem may be, ranging from tooth avulsion to a painful toothache, our emergency dentist is here to assist you. Don’t hesitate to contact us for emergency dental care. You may even end up saving your smile from permanent damage.
- Call Winston-Salem Dental Group right away if you are experiencing a dental emergency. In some cases, the longer the patient waits to be seen by a professional, the more serious the situation becomes. Patients who are suffering a life-threatening emergency must call 911 or visit their local emergency room before taking any other step.
- We will talk with you and give you instructions catered to your situation. We will see you in our office to come up with a plan of action.
- Our emergency dentist will restore your comfort and your oral health.
In the Meantime…
If your condition doesn’t necessitate same-day emergency dental care, or if you are on your way to our office, there are a few things you can do to protect your smile and comfort:
- Remain calm.
- Contact a family member or friend to transport you if necessary.
- Apply pressure with clean gauze or fabric to a site that is bleeding.
- Keep avulsed or broken teeth in a sealed container. For knocked out teeth, keep them in the socket as a first resort, and a container with milk or saltwater as a second resort.
- Reduce your toothache and swelling with over-the-counter pain relievers and ice packs.
Do I Need Emergency Dental Care?
Dental emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Severe toothache
- Broken tooth
- Dislodged tooth
- Food painfully lodged between teeth
- Broken jaw
- Broken or knocked out dental work
- Swollen, bleeding gums
Don’t ignore that toothache. For emergency care, contact Winston-Salem Dental Group right away.