Root Canal Therapy for Winston-Salem
An infected tooth pulp, which contains the nerves and tissues of the tooth, is a serious risk to your smile and overall health. It is critical to remove the tooth or remove the damaged portion of the tooth with root canal therapy.
When Do I Need Endodontics?
If you have a tooth infection and need a root canal procedure, the treatment will begin with a digital x-ray of the tooth. If the tooth is infected, but not too far gone, we can save the natural tooth with root canal therapy.
- Our dentist will apply a localized anesthetic. We will offer patient comforts and sedation options. It is imperative for us that you have a pleasant and painless experience.
- Once the area is fully numb and the patient is relaxed, treatment begins. We will form a small access hole in the tooth to remove the infected bacteria and pulp.
- We will thoroughly clean the affected area and root canals.
- The tooth will be sealed with a rubbery biocompatible material to prevent future problems.
- Typically, a crown or filling is placed to further protect the tooth.
Providing High-Quality Restorative Solutions
When you come in with a toothache, we do more than provide a quick fix. We understand the link between oral health and whole body health.
If you have a tooth infection, that infection may spread to the rest of your body. We must act fast to avoid an abscessed tooth.
With endodontics, we can:
- Salvage your smile
- Restore your comfort
- Keep your whole body healthy
- Prevent an abscessed tooth
- Remove the damage of a tooth infection
If root canal therapy is necessary, we go above and beyond to make your treatment surprisingly easy!
You can trust that Winston-Salem Dental Group will always handle your dental procedures with the utmost precision and care. We use high-quality dental materials that ensure long-lasting dental restorations.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
If you are suffering from a toothache, tooth sensitivity, or an abscessed tooth, don’t postpone your appointment. We will properly diagnose you and use the most conservative treatment possible.
If you believe you have a tooth infection and would like to schedule a visit, call Winston-Salem Dental Group today.