Do you need a cavity filling? White fillings, or composite fillings, restore the teeth after damage. Composite fillings:
- Eliminate tooth pain and discomfort
- Prevent progressing decay which may lead to severe damage, infection, and tooth loss
- Blend in beautifully with your natural teeth
- Cosmetically complement your teeth by improving their size, color, and shape
- Close gaps between the teeth
- Make teeth appear to be more straight and even
Not only do white fillings prevent a toothache and progressive decay, but they also blend in with the natural teeth.
What are the advantages of composite fillings?
- Are custom-matched to your natural tooth color and shape
- Bond to tooth structure chemically, no slots, grooves, or pins necessary
- Do not have any harmful materials or heavy metals
- Restore 85-95% of original tooth strength
- Completely harden within seconds
- Are quick and painless
- Induce little or no tooth sensitivity
- Are easily repairable
How are white fillings placed?
Most white fillings are composite fillings. They are chemically bonded to the teeth. For this reason, you will need minimal numbing to retain comfort during your cavity filling procedure. Some patients do not need numbing at all.
- Decay is removed
- Tooth is cleaned
- Primer is applied to the area being restored
- The bonding agent is placed into the area and cured
- The tooth-colored filling material is shaped to match the natural anatomy of your tooth
- The filling is polished and adjusted to perfection
- You will leave within minutes with a healthier smile and no more worries about dental decay!
You don’t have to sacrifice the even appearance of your smile to get a cavity filling. To learn more about composite fillings, contact our office today!